There was great excitement around the school last week as classes commenced in the new phase 3 extension.
The 11 classroom extension, including a new science lab, a fourth fully equipped computer room and a new home economics room, keeps the school campus modern and up to date.
This Superwarm ‘A’ rated building was built by Limerick company Connack Construction and designed by Leyden, Hasset and Associates. Apart from looking great and creating a wonderful learning environment for our students, the building boasts exciting features such as;
• The latest in energy saving technology
• Automatic lights which sense if the students are in the classrooms and also adjust light levels according to daylight levels
• Automatic ventilation system preventing the building from over-heating in the Summer months.
• Self-closing windows on detection of high winds or rain
• High speed 10GB fibre network and a high speed wifi network
• Rain water harvesting
• Heat recovery system
We look forward to many years of learning and teaching together in this state of the art facility.
Here is a short video showing the final months of construction and photos of the finished project.
Visit the schools youtube page to see all the videos detailing the construction of the Phase 3 Extension …here…